by Jason King onAugust 9, 2012
This writer explores if classic music can really stand the test of time in this digital age.
by Malcolm Gladwell onSeptember 11, 2011
New Yorker contributor Malcolm Gladwell says that his life has been far more affected by the U.S. response to 9/11 than by 9/11 itself.
by Malcolm Gladwell onAugust 25, 2011
Author Malcolm Gladwell breaks down the peculiar behavior of NBA owners during the lockout through the prism of race and economics.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 24, 2011
The best-selling author began thinking about Blink when his hair got him pulled over.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onOctober 10, 2010
In this exclusive excerpt from Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s book Faces of America, The Root's editor-in-chief describes his research into writer Malcolm Gladwell's Jamaican ancestry -- and the stunning truth it uncovered.
February 26, 2010
Rewind: In his 2010 PBS series, Faces of America, The Root’s editor-in-chief, Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr., traces the ancestry of 12 famous Americans. Take a look at excerpts from Malcolm Gladwell's interview.
November 25, 2009
Lit news to help you sound informed or create a much-needed diversion at the dinner table.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours