January 22, 2010
Race relations have gotten a little crazy lately. An all-white basketball league. Glenn Beck's black-history lesson. An over-the-top flight attendant. The Root takes a look at those who claim "blackness" and those we think make the cut -- whether they like it or not ...
August 10, 2009
Big Daddy Kane was part mack daddy, part Five Percenter, and the brother could Cabbage Patch like nobody's business. Twenty years later and he's still getting it in.
June 12, 2009
You ever notice how scared and confused Madonna's adopted kids look?
by Bijan C. Bayne onApril 13, 2009
The new book Dead Aid takes dead aim on Western aid to Africa and argues—convincingly—that white benevolence has done more harm than good to Africa’s struggling economies.
April 7, 2009
The blogosphere is celebrating because Madonna’s adoption petition has been denied. Isn’t there something sick about that? It's no more our business than Chris and Rihanna’s alleged history of STDs or Natasha’s death bed moments with Liam. Can we all just get a life?!
by Jam Donaldson onDecember 17, 2008
Michael, Madonna and Prince all turned 50 this year! What does that say about us?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]