by Michael Arceneaux onOctober 11, 2011
When it comes to these movie and TV classics, Hollywood should leave well enough alone -- and come up with some new ideas.
by Helena Andrews onApril 7, 2011
Back in the day, Love Jones was the ultimate in black romantic-comedy fare. But that was then; this is now. At the multiplex, no rom-com -- whether it stars a Reese or a Gabrielle -- can hold a candle to those old-school love stories.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onFebruary 25, 2011
For now, it's just a rumor.
February 13, 2011
There's something majestic about seeing black love on-screen. Between Cliff and Clair's romantic moments on their couch and Dwayne Wayne squealing "Baby, please, please," there's plenty of love to go around this Valentine's Day.
by Abdul Ali onFebruary 14, 2010
There hasn’t been a great film about black romance since Love Jones.
by Erin E. Evans onJuly 16, 2009
When Nia Long showed up as a trending topic on Twitter, I thought I was having a flashback to 1997. How her recent comments about black actresses in Hollywood brought me back to reality.
May 13, 2009
Click here for Wednesday's headlines
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge