by Kristilyn Whigham onApril 22, 2011
As millions around the world celebrate Earth Day, there is cause for concern for minorities who face environmental injustice.
by Lynette Holloway onDecember 27, 2012
Lisa P. Jackson, who made the announcement on Thursday, pushed through the most sweeping curbs on air pollution in two decades.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 2, 2012
EPA chief Lisa P. Jackson says it's not about loving nature -- it's a civil rights issue.
by Erin E. Evans onMay 8, 2011
Florida Avenue Baptist Church is the first black church in the nation's capital to rely on solar energy for electrical power.
by Dayo Olopade onFebruary 17, 2010
EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson ties environmentalism to minority concerns.
August 12, 2009
Green the Block is a movement to regain control of our communities and our economy. For far too long, people of color and low-income communities have lived in the shadow of dirty polluting industries, continuously getting the short end of the environmental and economic sticks....
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview
- George Zimmerman’s Attorney Attempts To Smear Image Of Trayvon Martin