by Hillary Crosley onJune 5, 2012
At this year's event, soul-music stars honored Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, Etta James and more.
by Joshua R. Weaver onApril 4, 2012
The Root Recommends: The newest album by R&B and pop legend Lionel Richie.
February 23, 2012
Take a look back at previous black nominees who’ve won.
by Nsenga Burton onOctober 28, 2011
The famous singer will release a country album in the spring.
by Lolis Eric Elie onApril 27, 2010
The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival honors Louisiana culture. But in this post-Katrina world, it also mirrors the rifts and tensions about race and class that we find in the rest of the country.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours