by David J. Leonard onAugust 26, 2012
David J. Leonard, Washington State University professor and NewBlackMan (in Exile) blogger, digs into the politics of pleasure and parses why sex isn't always mutually beneficial, from personal to paid relationships.
by Brad Weté onAugust 12, 2012
Complex magazine writer Brad Weté ponders a question that many entertainment journalists have been discussing for some time: Is Lil Wayne over?
by Timmhotep Aku onAugust 12, 2012
MCs have gone from rhyming about weed to lyrical odes to trippier substances like MDMA and Xanax.
by Lauren Williams onJune 27, 2012
Cissy Houston's homage to Whitney at the BET Awards brings to mind these moving memorials.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMarch 26, 2012
The soul singer shares his thoughts on marriage, his family's new addition and black women in lingerie.
by Winston "Stone" Ford onMarch 21, 2012
As corporations and stars such as Nas take over, emerging artists still hope to get noticed.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 19, 2012
The rapper is in trouble with Kenner, La.'s Code Enforcement Department.
by Genetta M. Adams onMarch 7, 2012
Emcees from Jay-Z to 50 Cent owe a huge debt to the Notorious B.I.G., who was killed 15 years ago.
by Stanley Crouch onNovember 29, 2011
America is in a state of deep self-examination, from the Occupy Wall Street protests to the Penn State scandal, Stanley Crouch writes in his Daily News column.
by Joshua R. Weaver onJune 20, 2011
Lil Wayne tries something new with his upcoming album.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after she bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’