October 11, 2011
Journal-isms: The Unity: Journalists of Color board of directors met face-to-face for the first time this weekend without NABJ as a partner.
February 24, 2011
A leading black gay-rights organization says that President Obama's new stand against the Defense of Marriage Act has especially high stakes for African-American LGBT families.
October 13, 2010
An internal argument is brewing among the nation’s top Democrats, who are divided about what to do now that a federal judge has ordered the military to stop enforcing its controversial Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 27, 2010
The first NBA player to come out doesn't know if ideology can trump discriminatory legislation in the United States.
June 3, 2009
Amid turmoil post-Prop 8, some are less-than-impressed with the president's official proclamation in support of the LGBT community...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview