by Abdul Ali onApril 13, 2012
The comic, who headlines a show in D.C. this weekend, gets serious about being a woman in comedy.
October 19, 2010
Today, why, some of my best friends are gay. I’m not just saying that to be funny. (OK, I am.) It’s also true, when I think about it.
October 15, 2010
Everything I’ll be doing is with the goal of helping others. If you read yesterday's post, you’ll appreciate the irony.
August 10, 2010
Maybe Dana Owens wants to keep her private life, uh, private.
June 30, 2009
Whether his fingers were crossed when he uttered this is unknown...
by Kai Wright onMarch 11, 2009
When historians talk about her groundbreaking work and ideas, they still too often omit her contribution to feminist and gay politics. But the blatant straight-washing paints an incomplete picture of the artist and her evolving sense of humanity.
March 9, 2009
For six seasons, this lipstick lesbian soap “got” the nuances of racial identity and women’s lives. It will be missed—even if it did wimp out in the series finale.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’