by Lynette Holloway onJuly 29, 2011
The NAACP says that Lenny McAllister was fired because he called for a boycott of McDonald's after his mentee was fired.
December 23, 2010
A black conservative moves to the president's hometown, meets with the folks who helped put Barack Obama in office and starts to get why there's all this love for the man who won't get his vote in 2012.
December 18, 2010
Regardless of what happens during the last few days of the 111th Congress, the divisive and toxic legacy of the House speaker will reflect her role in dividing America.
September 24, 2010
The list of principles disclosed by Republican leaders borrows a lot from the Tea Party movement, but it doesn't offer much to independents and new voters who supported President Obama in 2008.
June 11, 2010
Despite their failures in the 2010 primaries, black Republicans are erasing the shameful legacy of the Southern strategy and modern black politics.
January 18, 2010
Yes, Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. But he also had an action plan. As African Americans living in the 21st century, we need one, too.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today