by Helena Andrews onJanuary 13, 2013
In the second season of HBO's Girls, creator Lena Dunham nails a new interracial dating subplot.
May 14, 2012
The Root's Lauren Williams will dish about the latest episode on Monday at 2 p.m.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 8, 2012
Maybe more people in the entertainment industry should avoid portraying experiences about which they're clueless.
April 23, 2012
The Root's Lauren Williams and cultural critic Teresa Wiltz dish about the show's race issue at 2 p.m.
by Dodai Stewart onApril 23, 2012
Jezebel columnist Dodai Stewart argues that culture must continue discussing the whiteness on Girls.
by Rebecca Carroll onApril 22, 2012
Writing in the Daily Beast, columnist Rebecca Carroll argues that while HBO's Girls is accurate in reflecting her own New York experiences, the lack of color is problematic.
by Francie Latour onApril 14, 2012
Boston Globe columnist Francie Latour takes issue with Lena Dunham's new HBO series, Girls. Even though it's set in diverse New York City, Dunham has managed to create another series devoid of color.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview
- George Zimmerman’s Attorney Attempts To Smear Image Of Trayvon Martin