May 11, 2013
For Mother's Day, staffers deliver messages of thanks to the women who raised them.
December 9, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy as she chats with Deputy Editor Lauren Williams and contributor Michael Arceneaux about whether political correctness has a place in comedy, and new laws that might make it harder to vote in 2012.
September 30, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Cynthia Gordy, The Root's Washington reporter, and contributor Wilmer Leon about whether or not Barack Obama's black critics are justified and what was up with that CBC speech.
September 9, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Managing Editor Joel Dreyfuss, Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy and Contributing Editor John McWhorter about the effectiveness of “race conversations” and the GOP debate.
August 12, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Washington Reporter Cynthia Gordy and Senior Editor Teresa Wiltz about the nation's credit rating, The Help and Tyler Perry's latest venture.
June 9, 2011
This week on the Confab: Host Lauren Williams, associate editor of The Root, chats with Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy and contributor Michael Arceneaux about funding for HIV drugs, Eddie Long and homophobia in the black church, racial income disparity and more.
May 27, 2011
Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Washington Reporter Cynthia Gordy and contributor Jenée Desmond-Harris about where blacks fit into the immigration debate, anti-white bias and Oprah Winfrey's legacy.
May 20, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Senior Editor Teresa Wiltz as she chats with Associate Editor Lauren Williams and contributor Lewis Beale about the anniversary of the freedom rides, a scandalous Psychology Today study and the controversy over Cornel West’s comments about Barack Obama.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]