by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 10, 2013
The slain 16-year-old's family is reportedly planning to take their claim that officers used excessive force to court.
by Janell Ross onMarch 25, 2013
At the Huffington Post, Janell Ross writes that the slain teen's funeral reminds us of the ramifications of "stop and frisk" and a community's existence under a police state.
March 24, 2013
The slain teen's home-going ceremony was held on Saturday without incident.
March 23, 2013
Carol Gray, the slain teen's mother, tried to rush her son's casket at the wake on Friday.
March 21, 2013
Kimani Gray's death sparked outrage built on years of tension. But is it possible to heal?
by Milton Allimadi onMarch 17, 2013
In Black Star News, Milton Allimadi writes that when Councilman Jumaane Williams blamed outsiders for protests, it was a muddled message. Outsiders can affect change in a way that perhaps one community alone can't.
March 16, 2013
Mark Willoughby says the teen was a great student and well-liked by teachers and students.
March 15, 2013
Protests and arrests after the killing of a Brooklyn, N.Y., teen by police, caught on camera.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onMarch 15, 2013
Amid conflicting reports, some wonder if the teen is the latest innocent black male to be killed by cops.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]