by Lottie L. Joiner onDecember 19, 2012
Ford, Davis, Jackson. They were supposed to be change Washington. Here's what happened instead.
by Nsenga Burton onOctober 29, 2010
Meek says it was Crist who approached him with the idea to drop out of the race, not Clinton.
by Nsenga Burton onOctober 28, 2010
It seems that politics do indeed make for strange bedfellows.
by Charles E. Cobb Jr. onOctober 27, 2010
Both Republicans and Democrats scramble to keep up with dynamics that blur party lines and racial expectations.
September 18, 2010
Washington insider Nicole Venable gives us her personal look at some of the fun from the receptions at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual conference.
by Joel Dreyfuss onAugust 24, 2010
The black Democrat will face Republican Mario Rubio and Republican Gov. Charlie Crist, who is running as an independent, in November.
by Charles E. Cobb Jr. onMay 26, 2010
The choice that voters make among a black Democrat, a Hispanic Republican and a newly independent white candidate could have national implications.
by Perry Bacon Jr. onApril 29, 2010
For second-generation black politicians, having a parent who held office is not always a plus.
October 15, 2009
Sen. Harry Reid and President Clinton appear to be onboard.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today