April 27, 2013
The Root caught up with the veteran black journalist to discuss his celebrity interview series.
January 13, 2013
The Root took to the red carpet to discuss Martin Luther King's legacy and the state of black entertainment.
by Erin E. Evans onJune 27, 2012
From D'Angelo's urban cool to Eric Roberson's indie cred, we recall those who defined a genre.
July 20, 2011
The singer has battled drug addiction and homelessness, and now he's giving back.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music