December 10, 2012
Celebs such as Diddy and talents including Kehinde Wiley made Art Basel a hip event in Miami Beach.
December 5, 2012
Check out pieces from Kehinde Wiley, Hank Willis Thomas and others on display at the Miami fair.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMay 4, 2012
The Root Recommends: Kehinde Wiley's latest exhibit, which puts the focus on women of color.
December 5, 2011
It seemed like the right time and the right place for black talent this year. And then there were the parties.
December 3, 2011
The exhibition, which ran Dec. 1-4, 2011, showcased more than 2,000 artists, including these black talents.
by Saaret E. Yoseph onJanuary 5, 2009
Kehinde Wiley's brilliant b-boy portraiture brings vivid color to black.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours