September 2, 2009
On the heels of the Sotomayor confirmation, another Supreme Court seat may be in play. The potential appointment of three justices in his first term will make President Obama among the most powerful presidents to influence the Court’s direction in decades.
May 26, 2009
New York judge would be the first Supreme Court justice of Hispanic descent and only the third woman ever to sit on the panel.
May 26, 2009
The U.S. Circuit Judge is first Hispanic-American to be nominated to high court, Ex-Marine general named NASA chief, Sade to release new LP...
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMay 1, 2009
With the announcement of Justice David Souter’s intent to retire this year, talk is swirling about what would be politically advantageous for President Obama. That’s important, but only if his pick provides all of what the Court needs.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt