by Natalie Y. Moore onMarch 16, 2009
Depressed and angry about the intense racial animosity following the election of the city's first black mayor, the Chicago Tribune columnist killed herself. She could not have imagined Obama's America. And we can't afford to forget hers.
by David Swerdlick onDecember 19, 2008
You're at liberty to hang all the effigies, burn all the flags, chant all the slogans and write all of the stinging editorials that you want. But you just can't toss your loafers at the president of the United States. George W. Bush might be a failure, but he's our failure.
by Sam Fulwood III onDecember 8, 2008
He was arrested on Dec. 9, 1981 for the murder of Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner. And a new documentary promises to offer to add more light to the shadowy case surrounding Abu-Jamal's death sentence. Too bad it's all old news.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge