September 10, 2010
The new management team at Johnson Publishing Co. plans to "take a minute" to develop a new strategy before moving in its chosen direction at the beginning of the year.
September 2, 2010
From March 2007 to March 2009, the annual flow of illegal immigrants into the United States was two-thirds smaller than it was from March 2000 to March 2005.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJuly 21, 2010
For right-wingers who seek to prove that black people are angry and racist, the now-famous videotape seemed like a dream come true. Unfortunately, the news media pretended it was journalism.
June 21, 2010
Black magazines' ad revenues were hit hard in the first quarter of 2010. But Essence has reported the smallest decline. Are things looking up for the black women's mag?
June 10, 2010
In a telephone interview initiated by Journal-isms, three of them said Thomas was expressing her opposition to the disputed Israeli settlements on Palestinian land.
June 8, 2010
The press corps in the Gulf had been on the story for more than six weeks, despite a tight-lipped disaster communications team.
June 7, 2010
The American Society of News Editors, which received only seven responses after asking, it said, 28 online organizations to respond to its annual diversity survey, will "do a new census," according to ASNE President Milton Coleman.
April 14, 2010
Washington Post veteran is third African American to lead editors' organization.
April 12, 2010
Recent incidents of racial hostility have generated some surprise, suggesting the media have been ignoring the concerns of an important ethnic group: whites.
by Natalie Hopkinson onFebruary 12, 2010
Does this mean the beginning of the end of journalism as we know it? Or the start of a new revolution?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966