October 13, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: A memorial official talks post-hurricane plans, donations and the politically charged new date.
by Sylvester Monroe onJune 7, 2010
In the second installment of a three-part series, The Root takes a look at who's really got the power in this Southern city that's allegedly too busy to hate.
by Denise Stewart onMarch 9, 2009
Attorney General Eric Holder thinks we are cowards when it comes to race. And 44 years after Selma, he clearly wasn't talking about that march across Edmund Pettus bridge.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt