by Hillary Crosley onDecember 2, 2012
MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry encourages Americans to see black boys like Jordan Davis as people, not threats.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 1, 2012
The attorney tried to deflect what could become a Trayvon Martin-like racial firestorm.
by Darnell L. Moore onDecember 1, 2012
Writing at Ebony, Darnell L. Moore says that the latest shooting death of a Florida teen, Jordan Davis, reminds us once again of the unique challenges facing our young men.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onDecember 1, 2012
Everyone's talking about "Stand your ground" laws, but it's time to talk about guns, too.
by Judith Browne Dianis onNovember 29, 2012
Your Take: Jordan Davis' death is proof the controversial law has an unjust impact on black boys.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt