by Nicole Venable onFebruary 12, 2013
Nicole Venable is The Root's connection to the social and political scene inside the Beltway, offering commentary and exclusive photos from Washington's key events.
October 16, 2010
A study shows that a large turnout by African Americans in the November elections could help President Obama keep control of Congress.
September 30, 2009
Yesterday the Senate Finance Committee said no to a version of the public option portion of health care reform. News headlines declared the vote a surprise KO punch to the public option. Dig a little deeper and find this vote was only a surprise to those outside of the Beltway.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt