by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 26, 2011
The pocket-sized weekly produces a special issue to mark the achievement.
August 26, 2011
From Journal-isms: The Rev. Al Sharpton says he views MSNBC as new turf on the civil rights "battlefield."
August 19, 2011
From Journal-isms: The move is meant to address competition from the Internet. Plus: What killed King magazine.
August 18, 2010
Black journalists have not been so quick to forgive the conservative columnist for his role in organizing "massive resistance" to school desegregation.
by E.R. Shipp onAugust 12, 2010
Job losses. Game-changing technology. Belt tightening. Welcome to the topsy-turvy world of black media in 2010.
by Chana Garcia onMarch 17, 2010
Plus, Michelle Obama's straight talk and why blacks shouldn't be afraid of the Census
February 23, 2010
The hall of famer was in talks to acquire the publisher of Ebony and Jet, but those talks have fallen through.
January 5, 2010
Ebony's Eunice Johnson dies, Kenya ousts Jamaican cleric, France resists university quotas.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music