by Genetta M. Adams onDecember 27, 2012
From Whitney to Rodney King, we recall the folks in politics and culture who died this year.
by Debo Adegbile onMarch 29, 2012
The late civil rights attorney's influence helped his colleagues be better advocates.
by Charles J. Ogletree Jr. onMarch 25, 2012
Professor Charles Ogletree on the life and legacy of the late civil rights lawyer John Payton.
March 24, 2012
Some of those who mourn John Payton share their memories of the NAACP LDF's chief.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMarch 23, 2012
The late NAACP LDF president was so effective he once roused Clarence Thomas from his vow of silence.
by Lynette Holloway onMarch 22, 2012
The sixth president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund has died at age 65, sources confirmed for The Root.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt