January 30, 2013
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick picks William "Mo" Cowan to be interim U.S. senator, filling John Kerry's seat.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 22, 2012
After Susan Rice, the former Massachusetts senator receives Obama's approval.
by Leslie Pitterson onDecember 21, 2012
Leslie Pitterson, writing at Ebony, explains why the current Massachusetts senator could be the right diplomat for improved relations with the continent.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 15, 2012
With Susan Rice stepping aside, Obama has reportedly decided on Hillary Clinton's replacement.
by David Swerdlick onNovember 17, 2012
The Root's contributing editor David Swerdlick makes the case at the Hill that the president should consider which nominee would be the more politically expedient pick to replace Hillary Clinton.
by Jack White onFebruary 29, 2012
RightWatch: Mitt Romney, like Michael Dukakis and John Kerry, can't connect with national voters.
by John Kerry onApril 21, 2009
Sen. John Kerry explains why it's everyone's responsibility -- citizens, journalists and, yes, even policymakers -- to make the green movement more brown.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge