by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 15, 2011
The Democratic congressman supports the president but isn't afraid to express his frustrations.
by G. Derek Musgrove onAugust 10, 2010
An anonymous member of the Congressional Black Caucus charged that black lawmakers are being targeted in ethics investigations. Some say the whistle-blower is playing the race card. But that nameless CBC member is right.
March 12, 2010
The Detroit city councilwoman and wife of the U.S. Congressman was sentenced in federal court after pleading guilty to bribery charges.
by Dayo Olopade onJanuary 6, 2010
It isn’t about Condi and Colin anymore.
July 2, 2009
If you don't want to go to jail, Councilwoman Conyers, don't commit felonies or, at least, do not admit to committing felonies...
May 19, 2009
The Afternoon Round-Up: President Obama bows down...to a little kid, MLK's story destined for the silver screen, Jamie Foxx 'in the running' for Frank Sinatra role...
May 15, 2009
Click here for Friday's headlines.
May 13, 2009
Click here for Wednesday's headlines
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]