by Aisha Tyler onMarch 5, 2013
The comedian and actress lists the comics who made her laugh while breaking down barriers.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 14, 2012
The latest in racially themed humor from the comedian seems specially designed to promote her new book (and isn't that funny).
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 26, 2011
Said she knew it would offend, but went for it anyway.
July 15, 2010
When we heard about the skin-lightening app for the profile pictures of Indian Facebook users, it struck us as one of many examples of people adopting a look outside of their own ethnicity. Some feel pressure to conform to the dominant beauty standard; others just want to flout convention. Clearly, stars are prone to doing it.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods