by David Swerdlick onDecember 17, 2012
Now that the South Carolina congressman has been tapped to fill a U.S. Senate seat, he just might be.
by Brett Johnson onDecember 17, 2012
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will tap the black congressman to replace outgoing Sen. Jim DeMint.
December 7, 2012
The latest jobs numbers are good, and Sen. Jim DeMint's exit might make fiscal-cliff negotiations easier.
by Rashad Robinson onSeptember 17, 2011
Despite what some GOP lawmakers claim, people want to get back to work, says ColorOfChange's executive director.
October 5, 2010
Christine O'Donnell was given a fair shot at winning, a shot that Alvin Greene -- her political equal -- never had.
July 7, 2010
Like so many others in the black community, for the Greene family, the traumas of the father are also the son’s.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods