by The Burton Wire onMarch 17, 2013
February 20, 2013
He and his wife, Sandra, face maximum penalties that include years in prison.
February 15, 2013
The former member of Congress is accused of misusing $750,000 in campaign funds to purchase a Rolex, fur capes and parkas and children's furniture.
by Lottie L. Joiner onDecember 19, 2012
Ford, Davis, Jackson. They were supposed to be change Washington. Here's what happened instead.
November 13, 2012
In today's link roundup: The Chicago congressman has left treatment for the second time. Plus: How the GOP became a party of dissidents.
October 9, 2012
In today's link roundup: Gambia's president says he respects the civil rights leader. Plus: White supremacist seeks a congressional seat.
September 14, 2012
The civil rights leader says that the culture has to expand.
August 10, 2012
An aide says the congressman, who is reportedly being treated for depression, is "like his old self."
August 6, 2012
Sandi Jackson offers more detail on the Chicago congressman's ailment, including speculation that it could be related to weight-loss surgery.
by Lynette Holloway onAugust 3, 2012
Despite illness and absence from the campaign trail, the congressman's re-election bid is still on.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods