by Edward Wyckoff Williams onMay 23, 2012
As GOP leaders sweep the latest Rev. Jeremiah Wright flap under the rug, racial politics thrive.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMarch 18, 2012
Smearing the late Derrick Bell is the latest salvo. When will blacks fight back?
February 23, 2012
Journal-isms: Jim Asendio, likely the highest-ranking African-American news director at a top-tier NPR affiliate, resigned at WAMU-FM.
by Katti Gray onJanuary 13, 2012
Author Jodi Kantor explores the first couple's evolving partnership in her book, The Obamas.
November 9, 2010
Newly elected GOP congressman Allen West, an Iraq War veteran, feels that he fought in a just war. But some other prominent black vets don't exactly feel the same way about that conflict.
by The Buzz onOctober 6, 2010
There is a long history of black church leaders who have found themselves in the middle of controversy, from Creflo Dollar to Jeremiah Wright.
by Jack White onJuly 3, 2010
What would Frederick Douglass have to say about being black and American today?
by Arlene McKanic onMay 28, 2010
The writer discusses her new novel and play, her controversial father and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and her thoughts on Obama.
by Chana Garcia onMarch 15, 2010
Plus: Rev. Wright Defends Obama, U.S. Blacks May Get First Saint, More
June 12, 2009
Since blaming Black people wasn't really an option, the reverend went with the next best thing...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today