by Lynette Holloway onApril 3, 2012
After more than three years, the man accused of killing the star's family is headed to trial.
February 23, 2012
Take a look back at previous black nominees who’ve won.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onFebruary 13, 2012
The singer honored the late legend at the Grammys Sunday night by singing "I Will Always Love You."
by Genetta M. Adams onFebruary 13, 2012
Celebrities give the singers a fine send-off. Plus: Nicki Minaj's performance, Adele and more.
by Joshua R. Weaver onDecember 21, 2011
The Root Recommends: A new tell-all by Academy Award winner Jennifer Hudson.
September 29, 2011
Today's link roundup: Hudson's center will donate revenue in honor of her late nephew. Plus: Palin says Cain is "flavor of the week."
by Nsenga Burton onJune 8, 2011
Hudson continues to build her empire.
by Hayat Mohamed onApril 29, 2011
The singer says she started getting attention from the industry only after she lost weight.
April 25, 2011
In today’s link roundup: Jennifer Hudson's comments about Beyoncé hit a nerve on Twitter; you might actually learn something from Bonds' conviction; Urkel chats with Barbara Walters.
April 13, 2011
Ciara, Jennifer Hudson and Tatayana Ali reportedly grace People magazine's list this year, too.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods