October 10, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with professor Jelani Cobb about things some people just don't get about Obama's cultural significance. Plus: The worst habits of rappers.
by Jelani Cobb onOctober 9, 2012
In a piece for the New Yorker, Jelani Cobb explains how the Obama presidency has "validated both our hopes and our fears and given dueling legitimacy to optimism and cynicism simultaneously."
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 29, 2012
Browner America: But demographic shifts might not mean more black political power, Jelani Cobb says.
March 31, 2011
From Terry McMillan to Colson Whitehead, the Twitterverse is filled with the musings of black writers.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The rapper debuted his new single by projecting the song's video on buildings in New York.
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion