May 20, 2013
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
by Hillary Crosley onMay 12, 2013
The former Roc-a-Fella Records head owes more than $2 million in taxes.
by Denene Millner onMay 2, 2013
MyBrownBaby's Denene Millner chastises those who have criticized the curls of Beyoncé and Jay-Z's 1-year-old.
April 25, 2013
The 22-year-old athlete is Jay-Z's newest client.
by Hillary Crosley onApril 22, 2013
The hip-hop mogul is moving on from his investment in sports in his hometown.
April 18, 2013
Those were New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's words about one of this year's honorees and his achievement of the American dream.
by Very Smart Brothas onApril 15, 2013
April 11, 2013
The rapper's crass response track is another distraction for Obama.
by Michael J. Bustamante onApril 11, 2013
The trip -- and their reception -- offers clues to the subtle cultural changes on the island.
April 11, 2013
A new song is the rapper's musical message to Florida Republicans who criticized his trip to Cuba.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’