NEWS STAND: Dems Defend TSA Nominee Southers, Asian-American Gains in New York, Iraqis Angered by Blackwater Decison, Rush Loves U.S. Health CareJanuary 2, 2010
Democrats defend TSA Nominee, New York's first Asian comptroller, Iraqis angered by Blackwater decision, Rush Limbaugh loves US health care.
September 29, 2009
The Public option for health reform died in the Senate today, to no surprise--the very definition was still subject to a fierce, often comic, semantic battle. Sen. Rockefeller tried calling it a “consumer choice plan,” while Michigan Democrat Debbie Stabenow named it a “grand compromise.” Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) flipped the phrase to explain it as “an option for the public.” They all failed.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges