by Abdul Ali onOctober 26, 2011
A new Penguin anthology edited by Rita Dove highlights a number of African-American poets.
by Cameron McWhirter onJuly 22, 2011
Part Martin, part Malcolm, Johnson tried to curb the wave of race riots in 1919.
July 22, 2010
Professor Timothy Askew finds "Lift Every Voice and Sing" to be racially separatist and divisive.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt