by Abdul Ali onOctober 26, 2011
A new Penguin anthology edited by Rita Dove highlights a number of African-American poets.
by Cameron McWhirter onJuly 22, 2011
Part Martin, part Malcolm, Johnson tried to curb the wave of race riots in 1919.
July 22, 2010
Professor Timothy Askew finds "Lift Every Voice and Sing" to be racially separatist and divisive.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Users will be able to share moving pictures with the popular app starting June 20.
Voting-rights advocates are applauding the decision. But does it mean anything for the long-awaited ruling in Shelby?
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Lil’ Wayne Music Video Shows Rapper Stomping on American Flag
- Mississippi Booty Doc Charged in 2nd Butt-Injection Death
- Dave Chappelle Returns to the Stage With 13-Date Comedy Tour
- Scholar, Author James Weldon Johnson Was Born On This Day In 1871
- Popular Houston Stripper Suffers Miscarriage While Twerking On Stage?