by Lynette Holloway onDecember 5, 2012
The first black police chief of a town made infamous by a 1998 hate crime says he was fired over race.
by Hillary Crosley onJune 16, 2012
In the Texas town where James Byrd was dragged to death, the black police chief has been ousted.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 21, 2011
One of the men responsible for Byrd's dragging death was pronounced dead Wednesday.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today