by Jacque Reid onNovember 3, 2010
With all the harsh criticism lobbed at black women over the past few weeks, it's time to celebrate their accomplishments and contributions.
by Jacque Reid onOctober 27, 2010
Some black women thought Tyler Perry came close to saying he was gay on The Oprah Winfrey Show last week, but others heard something very different. Why the disconnect?
July 1, 2010
More than 200 women joined The Root and on-air personality Jacque Reid for an evening of networking and honest talk about the challenges black women face.
July 1, 2010
Guess who joined The Root in NYC for an evening of networking and straight talk about the joys and challenges of being a black woman?
June 24, 2010
Join us on June 30 in NYC as The Root hosts cocktails and a panel discussion on the next crop of black female leaders.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 12, 2010
These days, reality TV is the last resort for down-on-their-luck, formerly famous folks. So why can’t I stop watching?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion