November 21, 2010
Buckwheat and the SWAT team from the Home for Retired Racial Stereotypes have decided to free the real Barack Obama from captivity.
October 21, 2010
And she just won't leave Buckwheat alone.
September 8, 2010
The retired racial stereotype says the former Alaska governor has ripped off one of his favorite words, and he wants justice. Enter his lawyer -- Algonquin J. Calhoun, of course.
December 18, 2009
This week on The Confab: The color wars continue. Jack White explains why Stanley Crouch needs to "lighten up", Helena Andrews says "Bitch is the New Black" and Disney's new -- black -- princess is the ... froggiest of them all? Join The Root's associate editor Natalie Hopkinson as she talks to senior culture writer Teresa Wiltz and contributors to The Root Jack White and Helena Andrews.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
December 15, 2009
Twice in the past few weeks I’ve been the subject of a surprise attack by a well-known black newspaper columnist. What did I do to deserve this?
October 14, 2009
This story on education in Wednesday's New York Times ought to scare the pants off all the nincompoops who believe we've arrived in post-racial America:I don't have an explanation for this seemingly unbridgeable divide.
September 3, 2009
Eight years on, the war in Afghanistan has become a loser. Instead of upping the ante by dispatching even more troops into this quagmire, Obama should pull them out immediately.
August 31, 2009
For eight long years, the law became whatever Bush and Cheney--especially Cheney--said it was. Under Attorney General Eric Holder, such disrespect for the law is not tolerated--even when the President himself would prefer to turn the page and move on.
August 19, 2009
Halfway through the make or break congressional recess, team Obama has given liberals (and 60 House Democrats) something to shout about. Is rejecting the public option a triple-bank-shot negotiating tactic or a losing proposition?
July 28, 2009
Having a beer at the White House cannot change the fact that blacks and whites are just on different sides when it comes to dealing with cops.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!