by Uptown Magazine onMay 23, 2013
by Hillary Crosley onApril 14, 2013
On Saturday, the life coach's much-hyped show featuring the MC aired with explosive results.
December 21, 2012
From Magic Johnson to Soledad O'Brien, these notables live by the tenets of the African-American holiday.
by Helena Andrews onNovember 20, 2012
Watching the star's battle with bipolar disorder on Iyanla Vanzant's show was painful and personal.
by Celeste Little onSeptember 21, 2012
The rapper goes overboard for his daughter's party. Plus, Giancarlo Esposito debuts in Revolution.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onSeptember 12, 2012
The self-help guru talks about reality star Evelyn Lozada and the common challenges that women face.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onNovember 22, 2010
Iyanla Vanzant has survived her daughter's death, foreclosure and divorce. The motivational speaker spoke to The Root about her new book, the truth about Oprah and how she endured the hard times.
by Jeneé Darden onMarch 13, 2009
In a conversation with The Root, Iyanla Vanzant opens up about living without health insurance, losing her daughter to cancer and her home to a subprime mortgage. A look at how she’s finding the strength to rebound.
by Joshunda Sanders onDecember 16, 2008
Twenty years later, the self-help guru's foundation is as sturdy as ever.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life