October 2, 2009
Well, the word is in for the 2016 Olympics, and it’s bad news for my hometown, Chicago. The International Olympic Committee announced that Rio de Janeiro will host the games--but the voting pattern mirrors somewhat the dynamic that handed Barack Obama the Iowa caucuses held in January 2008.
October 1, 2009
The president heads to Europe today—not to bargain for an international treaty on climate change, or to join the heated Swiss negotiations on Iranian nuclear ambitions, but to beg and plead on behalf Chicago’s 2016 Olympic bid. Amid this climate of competition and glamour, even Michelle Obama and Oprah have gotten in on the trash talking.
September 11, 2009
Chicagoan President Barack Obama has long been known as an enthusiastic supporter of the Second City’s bid to host the 2016 Olympic games. Now we know how enthusiastic—the White House is sending in its biggest guns: Michelle Obama and Valerie Jarrett.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010