by Stacy-Ann Ellis onOctober 12, 2012
The Root Recommends: Middle of Nowhere, which opens in five major cities. Is yours one?
by Salamishah Tillet onAugust 4, 2011
Grown and sexy: The director's daring film changed the game in Hollywood -- and assumptions about black women's sexuality.
March 30, 2011
Desert Flower explores the inspirational story of Waris Dirie, a Somalian native who escapes marriage at 13 to become an international supermodel.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]