September 26, 2012
Journal-isms: Immigration activist Jose Antonio Vargas wants news sites to stop using the phrase.
by Eugene Robinson onMay 2, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson writes that the immigration turnaround -- the fact that net migration from Mexico has slowed to a halt and may actually have been reversed -- makes this the perfect time to discuss sensible, real-world reforms.
May 10, 2011
In his latest policy speech, President Obama said that Congress must act on immigration reform. But advocates say he should just use his executive power. Would that be political suicide?
May 23, 2010
He has to balance race and politics, says Salon author Rich Benjamin.
by Cord Jefferson onMarch 29, 2010
African immigrants don’t see the plight of Latinos and other illegals as their struggle.
October 26, 2009
An excerpt of ColorLines magazine’s special report on how the clampdown on immigration is tearing families apart.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News