by The Burton Wire onMarch 21, 2013
June 19, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The actress and activist talks about her fight against modern-day slavery.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 14, 2011
Slavery isn't dead; it's still alive, and Google is shelling out money to help fight it.
by Lynette Holloway onOctober 23, 2011
Not My Life, which airs on CNN International this weekend, shines the spotlight on human trafficking.
June 17, 2011
As African Americans celebrate the June 19 anniversary of the delayed emancipation of enslaved Africans in Texas, human bondage continues in our time -- and on our shores.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 2, 2011
Infants were allegedly sold for ritual-witchcraft purposes or adoption.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onDecember 5, 2010
Before they were freed, the girls were forced to work in Newark hair-braiding salons. Watch the video where they speak out.
June 23, 2010
State Department acknowledges that people continue to be bought and sold as property, even today.
by Malika Saada Saar onJune 17, 2010
Think Abraham Lincoln freed all the slaves back in 1863? Think again. And then get angry. Very, very angry.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966