May 14, 2013
A website analyzes 150,000 tweets to determine the most prejudiced places in the country.
by Very Smart Brothas onMay 11, 2013
by The Burton Wire onMarch 28, 2013
by Demetria L. Lucas onFebruary 13, 2013
Black Love: An expert weighs in on the added stresses that come with being in a same-sex marriage.
June 6, 2012
In today's link roundup: A 14-year-old commentator has some troubling views on sexual orientation and the president. Plus: Oakland, Calif., police one step closer to federal control.
May 9, 2012
So many things are wrong with this story.
May 7, 2012
In today's link roundup: A mother defends the decision to arm her son against bullies. Plus: Why Tea Party lobbyists are trying to conflate poverty and drug addiction.
by John McWhorter onFebruary 14, 2012
Homophobic displays by blacks hurt our ability to demand racial equality from the rest of society.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 11, 2011
A high-court judge handed down the sentence to 22-year-old Sidney Nsubuga Enoch.
by John McWhorter onJune 23, 2011
After all, the Good Book was once used to justify slavery.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours