January 21, 2010
In a landmark speech on web diplomacy, Hillary Clinton stood up for freedom of speech and free access to technology as key rights of the 21st century. But authoritatian states like China don't seem to care. Who will win the Internet war?
January 6, 2010
Young, black up-and-comer Harold Ford, Jr. has been out of the political game for four years. Will a 2010 bid for the New York Senate bring his mojo back?
by Dayo Olopade onDecember 16, 2009
Obama’s trip to the climate conference in Denmark could end in failure.
August 17, 2009
Teens snatched from family homes. Bodies found mutilated in dumpsters. Police complicity. How many gay men must die before the world cares?
by Zachariah Mampilly onAugust 14, 2009
Does Hillary Clinton’s recent visit mean that the U.S. is finally willing to get serious about Congo’s crisis?
by Dayo Olopade onAugust 14, 2009
Hillary Clinton’s tiff with a Congolese student obscures the real American mission in Africa: economic development.
August 14, 2009
Many Cape Verdean citizens were said to be wailing in the streets, forced to come to grips with the fact that, despite their years of trying to convince people otherwise, they are indeed AFRICANS...
August 13, 2009
Speaking to a town hall in Abuja on the last legs of her ten-day trip to sub-Saharan Africa, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton used Bush v. Gore to relate to the embattled democracy. Did her diplomatic comparison go too far?
August 12, 2009
Secretary Clinton on Wednesday urged oil-rich Nigeria to embrace broad political reform and ease tensions that have led to sectarian violence and disrupted energy production in the Niger Delta...
August 11, 2009
It appears the person translating for the Secretary of State PUNK'D her...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods