March 1, 2013
Judge cites racial bias in the case of Albert Woodfox, who's been in solitary for more than 40 years.
January 30, 2013
The Angola 3 case may help change the arbitrary and sometimes abusive use of solitary confinement.
January 29, 2013
Supporters of one of the Angola 3 tell The Root why he might be released this time.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview
- George Zimmerman’s Attorney Attempts To Smear Image Of Trayvon Martin