by Jack White onJuly 28, 2009
Having a beer at the White House cannot change the fact that blacks and whites are just on different sides when it comes to dealing with cops.
July 28, 2009
What the blogosphere is saying about Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s arrest by Cambridge police officer Sgt. James Crowley.
by Associated Press onJuly 27, 2009
How did Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Sgt. James Crowley walk away with such different interpretations on the incident?
July 24, 2009
President Obama, Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. and Vernon Jordan weigh in on the Henry Louis Gates Jr. incident.
July 24, 2009
This week on The Confab: Henry Louis Gates Jr. is black in America, too! How to act when handling the police and why Soledad O'Brien should be schooled before making another race segment. Join The Root's Deputy Editor Terence Samuel as he talks with blogger Keith Josef Adkins and contributors to The Root David Swerdlick and Cord Jefferson.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
by Associated Press onJuly 24, 2009
The Cambridge police union comes to the defense of Sgt. Crowley and demands an apology from President Obama and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
July 22, 2009
Given President Barack Obama's reluctance to dwell on the issue of race in America, it was a surprise to hear the president's forceful comments on last week's controversial arrest of Henry Louis Gates Jr., The Root's editor-in-chief.
by Charlayne Hunter-Gault onJuly 22, 2009
Skip Gates’ arrest reminds me of the violent days of the civil rights movement.
by Dayo Olopade onJuly 21, 2009
In an interview with The Root, Henry Louis Gates Jr. talks about his arrest and the outrage of racial profiling in America.
by Lawrence Bobo onJuly 21, 2009
The Skip Gates arrest shows how little some features of the national racial landscape have changed over time.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life