April 30, 2010
This week on The Confab: Dorothy Height's funeral and the end of an era. The racial shorthand of "victim studies" in the reparations debate, Clybourne Park and the complexities of gentrification, and Guru, Mos Def and reconciling the black middle class in the hip-hop community. Join The Root's managing editor as he talks with media and culture writer Natalie Hopkinson and regular contributor to The Root Stanley Crouch.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’