by Valerie Gladstone onSeptember 17, 2010
They were probably the least likely rock band ever to hit Broadway. A Tony Award and a Spike Lee film soon followed. Now they're exploring the creative possibilities of the borough of Kings.
by Martin Johnson onFebruary 17, 2010
The offbeat composer follows his hit musical, “Passing Strange,” with a very personal show.
August 21, 2009
Spike Lee, like myself, saw Passing Strange on Broadway last year and fell in love with the display of black middle-class, progressive ideas, free love and ex-patriotism.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after Perry bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Life Coach Helps Entrepreneurs Take Their Businesses To Next Level
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Desecrated By Racists, Family Says
- Commerce Department Announce $6.3 Million Minority Business Grant Competition
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]