by Danielle Moodie-Mills onMay 12, 2012
Your Take: An environmental education expert advocates an old-school solution for children's health.
by Claire Sulmers onFebruary 11, 2011
Live from New York Fashion Week: Taraji P. Henson walks the runway for a good cause, and Gabrielle Union witnesses a tumble.
October 27, 2010
How about something similar for obesity and black women? Call it, “Beauty and the ’Besity.”
June 16, 2010
If someone is super obese, has diabetes, sky-high blood pressure . . . why on God’s green earth would you put her on a treadmill?
April 21, 2010
you people are just off the charts when it comes to salt consumption.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]