by Kai Wright onJanuary 7, 2009
Will a flood of new AIDS patients break the system's back?
by Sundaa Bridgett Jones onJanuary 7, 2009
Bush's Africa trip highlights the impact of U.S. foreign policy on the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa.
by Kai Wright onJanuary 6, 2009
The high STD infection rate among black teens threatens an explosion in the AIDS epidemic
January 6, 2009
Why hormone-free milk is catching on.
by Terri Nimmons onJanuary 5, 2009
When breast cancer becomes a sister act.
January 5, 2009
When it comes to black women and breast cancer, there is a thorny tangle of questions.
by Dale Sander onJanuary 5, 2009
Not just for white women.
by Veronica Chambers onJanuary 5, 2009
Fistula, a devastating condition related to childbirth, affects 2 million women worldwide. A solution is within reach.
January 5, 2009
In the absence of hard evidence, how to make an informed decision.
by Melissa Harris-Perry onDecember 18, 2008
A personal account of a relationship between a woman and her reproductive organ.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’